But I love the cornflakes chivda which you get in Mumbai and its much easier to make as well. I used this recipe from The Cooker and it was abosutely fuss free and such a delicious snack!
(adapted from this recipe)
Cornflakes - 6 cups
cashewnuts - split into half - 1/4 cup
peanuts (with skin)- 1/2 cup
raisins - 1/3 cup
mustard seeds - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - handful
fennel seeds (saunf) - 1 tsp
red chilli powder - 1 tsp
salt - to taste
oil - 3-4 tbsp
Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
lime juice - 1 tbsp
sugar - 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add the mustard seeds and when they start popping, add the curry leaves and turmeric.
2. Then add the peanuts and fry till half roasted.
3. Add the cashews, raisins, red chilli powder, fennel seeds, lemon juice and fry for 3-4 minutes till the cashews are toasted, the rasins are plumped up and the peanuts are fully roasted.
4. Pour in the cornflakes and salt and turn off the flame. Mix well taking care not to crush the cornflakes. When slightly cool, add the sugar.
5. Store in air tight containers.